Friday, March 21, 2008

I remember...

I wasn't sure how all this "two kids" business was going to work out.  So far, it hasn't been too bad...well, at least as bad as I thought.  I haven't needed medication just yet.  :)  Although, there have been many memories that have surfaced recently.  Memories that I thought I had forgotten.  I told someone today that Grey is beginning to wake up a little more during the day...  and soon will be awake for most of the day, and maybe for most of the night.  Then I remembered...  All they do (most of them at least) is sleep right after they are born and you wish they'd wake up to see their eyes.  Then after a few weeks or months you wish they'd just close their eyes and sleep for just a little while.  After that you hope they sit up as soon as possible, then you just wish they'd stay laying down.  You want them to crawl so they can be more independent, then you just wish they'd sit still.  You hope they walk because it's just so cool to see them look like a big kid, then you feel like you have to strap them down or gate them in everywhere...  And it begins again.  I also remember having to just go outside late at night and water plants because Anna was screaming and I couldn't make her stop for anything.  I just needed to be away from her for a little while so that no injury occurred.  My plants may get lots of water this summer!  Ha!

The funny thing is is that yesterday, both Anna and Grey were crying and I about had a breakdown.  It was only for like 15 seconds...  pretty pathetic on my part and I hope I can cope with that a little better than I did yesterday since it will happen many times I'm sure.

2 comments:

Lee said...

I would love for you to take pictures of the kids. There are a few green things but not much. Even if you can't take pictures you should come visit. Thanks for the help with the blogging.

Melsmom said...

The pictures of Grey are great. He is a handsome little guy. I was looking at some pictures of Rachel at the same age and you wouldn't believe the resemblence in their faces. They had the same hair style too except Rach had a bow in hers. Keep up the good work. I love Anna's World. Melda Jo