Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wake up call.

This morning Anna came and got ME out of bed. While we were out of town, she had been climbing out of the pack-n-play out at Nana's and Jenni's houses. She attempted to climb out of her crib a couple of times (that I know of) at around 14 or 15 months old where I caught her straddling the top rail. I "informed" her that that was not a good thing to do and she hadn't done it since....again, that I know of. So this morning, I woke up to some talking and giggling that sounded oddly close to our bedroom. I got up and looked out the door and saw Anna's door open. She then zoomed through the hall and said, "Mommy!" excitedly. I never heard a body hit the floor or anything. I figured it would be a traumatic event when she finally figured out how to climb out. But she's a pro-climber. I called Daddy to tell him and he described it best..."We taught her well at the park." That girl will climb up and down anything at that place. And it's no sissy park. There are many times that I am reaching as high as I can to spot her on things she is climbing on. She's a nut and I guess decided that the crib would be cake to get out of. So much for holding out of the big girl bed as long as possible. We're going straight to a twin bed.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't believe she is ready for a big girl bed! It goes by so fast!