Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I lost count...

Ok, so, this "getting out of the crib" thing is getting ridiculous. As you know, Anna has been waking me up in the morning after climbing out of her crib. These mornings have been MUCH earlier than "normal" mornings when she didn't get out. When she stayed in her crib, I think she would wake up when Daddy was getting ready for work, then realize no one was going to come get her so she may as well go back to sleep. So now that she can get out whenever she wants, she comes and get me at between 7:00 and 7:30am. Not so much fun for me. But I'm getting used to it. Night before last at 3:39am Anna came running into our room. She ran over to Daddy's side of the bed, climbed up and snuggled under the covers. I thought, "NOPE! We're NOT starting that!" I'd rather suffer a little now and stop that (sleeping in OUR bed) from ever being a habit than take the easy way out. So I got up, pulled Anna out of the covers, and put her back in her bed. You can guess what happened after that...I lost count of how many times she jumped out of bed. She would hit the ground and be at her door before I got back to our bedroom. And some of you know that it's only like 4 steps from her door to ours. I'd threaten her and follow through with my threats, but nothing seemed to phase her. Each time I'd tell her to stay in her bed, she'd reply, "K" and grab puppy and cover up. But would go into hysterics when I left the room. So finally (as Jenni suggested) I sat down in the middle of the floor and waited until she went to sleep. She just didn't want me to leave her. Weird coming from the child that MUST be left alone when she sleep (to benefit both of our sanity). After Anna went to sleep, I crept out of the room. She woke up one more time, but stayed in her crib (I think). She was there in the morning at least... I'm sure we'll have more of these episodes, especially when we get the "real" bed. Wish me luck that no one gets hurt.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Thanks for the laugh! Shut the door... :)