Monday, October 08, 2007

Unleashing her inner-spaz!

I'm SO bummed I couldn't get a picture of this... but here's the story (and it's probably much funnier if you were there). On Saturday afternoon I went out to get the mail and saw a card clipped onto our mailbox from our neighbors across the street. It was an invitation to a worship service that was going to be held in the front yard of our neighbors'. Interesting I thought since they had just had a kegger the night before at their house. HA! I shouldn't judge. There was also a little note inside the invite that said something like "out of respect for our neighbors...let us know if you have problems with the music." I suppose that meant the volume. So late in the afternoon Anna and I went out to "draw pichures" with sidewalk chalk and to watch the commotion like good neighbors. :) They set up their keyboard synthesizer thing and speakers and practiced their Tejano/English worship songs. When it finally began that night Anna had a BLAST! We just sat on the front porch and listened and danced. She was seriously gettin' down! Several times she was dancing so out of control that she fell over. I tried so hard to get the video camera and get her do it again, but of course the song was over by then and they were doing a slower song. But just picture a toddler doing the Elaine (from Seinfeld) dance. It was awesome. The scary thing was that her dancing is a direct interpretation of the way I dance, which I guess is pretty spastic!

No comments: