Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This girl's a pro.

I would consider Anna technically potty trained. She hasn't had an accident in days and goes to the potty by herself whenever she needs to go. I don't have to ask her anymore, she just either tells me and goes, or just goes on her own. She's been doing great and she even took a nap in panties yesterday and stayed dry. It's also pretty pointless to put a diaper on her ever anymore since she just pulls it off to go to the potty and finds panties to put on. She DOES NOT like to potty in a diaper. She even held it while we drove from the grocery store to Lowe's and then had to walk to the other end of the store to find the bathroom. Such a big girl. She has been either dry or almost dry in the mornings when she goes to the potty after she wakes up from the beginning so we'll be just putting her to bed at night in panties very soon. I woke up today not feeling the greatest ever, I got Anna her milk and told her if she needed to potty, she can take her diaper off and put it in the trash and then go. I laid down on the couch and dosed off for a little while. (You know, one of those half awake/half sleep naps where you can hear everything that goes on). When I (sort of) woke up, Anna had put her diaper in the trash, gone potty several times (I was in and out for about an hour and a half....I know, bad mom), and was about to go again all by herself.

We are pretty much good to go on the poop issues we had early on as well. She sometimes still thinks she needs to poop, then sit on the potty, nothing, then says she's done. She repeats this several times until she finally gets it all out. But lately she has realized that when she needs to go, she better go and get it done. YAY! We go see Daddy's family tomorrow which involves a 3 hour drive. I guess I'll just take her little potty with us and pull over when she tells us she needs to go. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Julie said...

congrats! i'll need step by step instructions when the time comes!
How's the pregnancy going?