Thursday, May 29, 2008

Taddle-Tale.

(Is that how you spell that?) 

Anna has become quite the taddle-tale.  Although she's not telling on others, she tells on herself.  Lately she's been very lazy with going to the potty.  I've tried everything to get her to just GET UP and walk to the bathroom without going a little in her panties.  She usually sits or plays until she just can't hold it any more, then realizes that a little made it's way out and then she goes to the bathroom.  Nothing has worked as far as punishments or rewards for not doing it.  I've started spanking her (it's a pretty pathetically light handed whack on the bottom if you ask me, but it's the act of a spanking that is so hurtful to her).  So here's where the taddling comes in.  She realizes that she's gone a little in her panties, runs to the potty and finishes, then comes to me and says, "Mommy, you CAN'T spank me."  Of course, I ask her if she's tee-teed in her panties.  She says, "No." Then I ask if she's lying.  She says, "Yes."  After I check to see if it happened again, we proceed with the punishment.

No comments: