Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One Question...

Who does Louisiana think she is, hogging all the water and trees?  

I have to admit that it's pretty awesome here in Louisiana.  But I like home too.  While driving this afternoon, I thought it would be a good idea to document my trip with photos.  As I kept driving, I thought, "Oh, that would be a good shot...  Oh, maybe I should slow down or turn around to get that one...  I should stop and get something before the sun gets too low...  I'll wait until I get to the Louisiana state line and take the cliche shot of the "now entering  Louisiana" sign...."  And so on...  But as the sun got lower and lower in the sky I soon realized that there was no way I was stopping on the interstate to get some shots when I was doing such a good job staying with the traffic and dodging the trucks.  Going from an average of 80mph to a complete stop seemed more and more impossible.  So, I didn't get anything.  I'll get some things tomorrow and those of you, like me, who've never been to Louisiana to see the ridiculous amounts of trees and the complete lack of visual freedom, will get to experience this alien world.  But I'm sure most have seen this tree hog of a state...or at least something similar.  And I've seen something similar, it's just amazing to see it again since I live (for my entire life) in a treeless environment.  

2 comments:

Erin said...

How bout those LA roads? pretty awesome huh? They're so riddled with pot holes that it's worse than sea sickness! I do have to admit that it is ridiculously green and beautiful down there. As much as I love the people in West Texas, I DESPERATELY miss the beauty of East Texas. I think it's better than LA because it's slightly more civilized, but you still get the beauty. Well, have fun tomorrow and hug a tree for me!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun today Ashley! I hope it's a wonderful retreat from the daily grind.