Wednesday, October 01, 2008

3 going on 16.


Folks, we have a horrible back seat driver on our hands.  We drove to eat lunch with Daddy today and while making a left turn at a light, this is what I hear:

Anna: GASP! Mommy, you forgot to stop!
Me: No, it was my turn to go.
Anna: No it wasn't!  You see that red light?  You forgot to stop!
Me: No Anna, the light in front of me was green so it was my turn to go.
Anna: No Mommy, didn't you see that red light?

She's talking about the one we turned underneath...the one pointing to the people at our right.  This went back and forth for a while, or as long as I could take the pointless argument, which was probably only a couple of minutes.  I finally had to just tell her to turn her voice off is she was just going to argue for the sake of arguing.  So I heard her head drop dramatically as she began to pout.  When we got to Daddy's office and parked the car, Anna said, "Look o'er dair Mommy.  See, dose guys stopped at the red light, so you need to too."

1 comment:

Erica said...

LOL! Good one, Anna! Mom, you really should stop when Anna sees a red light...