Monday, September 29, 2008

Another show of hands...

Raise your hand if you buy new cleaning products with the idea that you WILL clean more frequently and/or better.  You may even have something very similar or that would work just as well in you cabinet right now while you are scoping out the cleaning products isle at Wal-Mart.  Raise your hand if you are totally sucked in by new cleaning products that come out because you think that by buying them, you might actually use them all up...because you actually cleaned something several times with it.  My hand is raised...both times.  I just got one of those Scrubbing Bubbles stick-onto-the-inside-of-yer-potty gel thingys.  You've seen 'em.  Who knows if they really work?  I sure don't.  I think teaching my almost 3 year old, who has been potty trained for a YEAR, to flush the potty more often.  Then maybe I'd have a cleaner one for longer.  Hmm.

I also got a tub of Swiffer mop pads.  They have a new scent (or new since I've bought a new tub).  It's called "Citrus & Light."  What exactly does "Light" smell like?  Maybe the smell of your fingers sizzling on a hot light bulb that just burned out as you try to change it?  Maybe the wonderful smell of a match that has just been lit?  Maybe the surface of the sun?  At least the surface of the sun has no weird bacteria or other stuff that would be growing on my bathroom and kitchen floors.  

1 comment:

Jen said...

Uh-huh. Me, too. I'm itching to buy the new scrubbing bubbles shower cleaner that's a continuous foam spray instead of pump spray(seen the commercials?). I think I'll use that MUCH more than anything else I've got . . . Like, that automatic thing you push the button on to spray the shower when you're done was just way too complicated. That, and it scared Catherine one morning when she stumbled into the bathroom as I was getting out of the shower. BTW, I've got some Clorox floor cleaner thingy to give you, doesn't work on my tile. And some shoes.