Saturday, September 13, 2008

Unnatural Habitat.


This is the view just beyond our front yard and across the street.  This is a dumpster that was on the opposite side of the "lake" by the playground, which is about a quarter of a mile away.  The playground, as well as several streets and houses, are underwater or flooded.  These (there are three of them) were victims of the flood as well.  They were picked and carried around the lake and this one has now run aground.  What a nice, comforting view...  HA!  I'm sure it will take a while for things to dry out enough for them to come get them and take them back the their home.  The ducks have enjoyed them.
Please excuse the horrible resolution of this photo.  iPhoto, I believe, is still Satan.  But I have found all the photos I thought I lost.  Unfortunately they have been saved at a very low quality.  My friend, Andrew, saved the day...once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is unbelievable. How does something as heavy as a dumpster float? And it is just so weird to see that much rain in Lubbock. Wow.