Tuesday, September 02, 2008

SickO

We had a great time getting one last dose of summer at Grandpa's house this weekend.  While we were there I started getting a headache and sore throat.  I didn't think anything of it and took some good drugs.  When we got home on Sunday night, I was running a fever.  I was sick all the next day...it felt like the flu again...everything hurt, fever, super exhausted.  Last night I started to feel better and decided to get the kids stuff together for their first day of "school" today.  I got everything ready and even made Anna's lunch just in case I didn't get up and around in time.  This morning, Anna woke up pretty sad.  I got her dressed and thought she felt a little warm.  I took her temp and it was 102.5.  Yikes.  So, no first day of school for either of them.  Grey seems to be doing well, but I thought I'd keep him here just in case.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he gets it...whatever it is...  I was pretty bummed when I took Anna's temp.  Although I thought about it a little and realized that she hasn't been sick AT ALL for, well, I can't even remember the last time she was sick.  Not even a runny nose.  It has to have been more than a year.  Really!  So if a little fever and sore throat is all we get this time, we're lucky.  I'll post some of the fun pictures I got from this weekend at the lake soon.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Oh, no! How dare you guys get sick on a school day! You're supposed to get sick on the other days... :)